Who we are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. We put people at the center of everything we do, both our customers and our employees.
It comes back to one of our core values:
- High Performance - We have a “performance first” orientation and ambitious plans for the company. This means ample opportunity for those who join us to make a big impact. Non-high performers need not apply.
- Be Good - We hire people with big hearts and foster an environment where they can be themselves and do their best work. We celebrate individuality and diversity and provide our employees with the opportunities, the resources and the support they need to thrive and flourish.
- No BS – this one is self-explanatory
Our value proposition is straightforward, tangible and easy to prove: We believe software technology should be easy to use, help make people better, and be accessible to any knowledge worker who wants to be more productive.
We are on a mission: we hire creative, intelligent, talented people; we build great products that delight our customers; and we are doing it in a rewarding way– a way that feels good and makes us proud to be part of Nitro.
We are looking for a Senior Account / Account Manager to join our growing Global Finance Team. You will play a key role in transforming our Order-to-Cash cycle in collaboration with the accounting team and other departments. In particular, you will be responsible for Sales Orders, Accounts Receivable, Revenue Recognition, Sales Tax and Commission functions. Additional responsibilities may come as the company and the role expand. You will be required to perform all your duties in a timely manner with great addition to detail and be able to both work well independently and in a collaborative team environment.
If you enjoy numbers, working in a fast-paced environment and want to be a part of something big, this opportunity is for you.
What you'll be doing:
- Review sales arrangements to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Perform Sales Order quality control and review transactions setup for revenue recognition. Work closely with Deal desk to ensure proper support and documentation are obtained
- Participate in the monthly revenue close process; record revenue related journal entries; complete revenue related account reconciliations
- Oversee the AR functions including collections and bad debt
- Own finance portion of commission calculations
- Manage state sales tax calculations and filing utilizing Avalara
- Own related AR, revenue, commissions, commission capitalization GL accounts
- Drive incremental process improvements and automation to improve efficiencies
- Participate in the year-end audit and tax preparations
- Assist in analyzing period-end results
- Perform ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of corporate accounting or public accounting experience
- 3+ years of revenue recognition experience, SaaS experience a plus
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge of ASC 606/IFRS 15
- Advanced knowledge of accounting software (preferably NetSuite) and Excel
- Strong attention to detail and ability to research discrepancies to solve problems
- Proven ability for clear and effective written / verbal communication
- Strong project management skills and understanding of financial & operational controls
- Ability to work independently, maintain tight deadlines, solve problems proactively
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred
Nitro is a global document productivity software company driving digital transformation in organizations around the world across multiple industries. The Company’s core solution, the Nitro Productivity Suite, provides integrated PDF productivity, eSignature and business intelligence (BI) tools to customers through a horizontal, SaaS and desktop-based software suite. Nitro’s software solution is highly scalable, serving large multinational enterprises and government agencies, as well as small business and individual users. Nitro has over 2 million licenses sold, and over 11,000 business customers in 144 countries around the world, including global market leaders across multiple industries, over 65% of the 2019 Fortune 500, and two of the 2019 Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Dublin, London and Melbourne. #LI-SH1