Who we are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. We put people at the center of everything we do, both our customers and our employees.
It comes back to one of our core values:
- High Performance - We have a “performance first” orientation and ambitious plans for the company. This means ample opportunity for those who join us to make a big impact. Non-high performers need not apply.
- Be Good - We hire people with big hearts and foster an environment where they can be themselves and do their best work. We celebrate individuality and diversity and provide our employees with the opportunities, the resources and the support they need to thrive and flourish.
- No BS – this one is self-explanatory
Our value proposition is straightforward, tangible and easy to prove: We believe software technology should be easy to use, help make people better, and be accessible to any knowledge worker who wants to be more productive.
We are on a mission: we hire creative, intelligent, talented people; we build great products that delight our customers; and we are doing it in a rewarding way– a way that feels good and makes us proud to be part of Nitro.
The Role: We’re looking for an experienced and dynamic Senior People Business Partner to support our cross functional leaders in championing a high performance culture and to create an environment of trust, dignity and respect.
What you'll be doing:
- Elevating the employee experience at Nitro including overseeing a range of employee programs from employee engagement, internal comms, performance to compensation/payroll and benefits.
- Driving progressive programs that create a high-functioning, inclusive culture and that positively impact our growth.
- Manage employee relations within the organization and drive the culture to attract and retain talent. Coach and counsel managers on all issues related to employee concerns, employment legislation, company programs, development, etc.
- Advise and liaise with additional stakeholders in relation to discipline, grievances & best practices
- Act as a case manager for internal reporting of breaches of corporate governance policies.
- Assess business needs and recommend targeted processes, policies, and solutions that will drive business growth and employee engagement and retention.
- Proactively anticipate conflicts and drives win-win outcomes
- Influence future People Team strategy with feedback on opportunities and current issues impacting the teams and business
- Comply with federal, state and local legislation by studying existing and new legislation, advising management on needed actions
- Oversee the collection of metrics related to EX and analyze the data to create opportunities for improvement and efficiency and to help to guide decision-making as it relates to offering proactive solutions to any business challenges.
- Taking on ad-hoc projects as needed to help us scale and build upon our already solid EX foundation.
- Partnering with outside legal counsel (immigration & employment law) as necessary
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience and displayed leadership ability in an HR position within a fast-paced and scaling professional environment. Startup experience preferred.
- At least 2+ years in a senior partner position working across a number of business functions with a preference to technical/engineering organizational experience.
- A good understanding of US & CAD employment legislation preferred (will be assisted by outside counsel)
- Previous experience in dealing with compensation (market data assessment / salary reviews etc.) preferable
- Proven ability to work on assigned project with minimal direction
- Someone who is employee focused and responsive; you are the go to person for employees and managers alike
- Senior level communication and presentation skills, including ability to train and communicate with all levels of employees
- A GREAT attitude with an enthusiastic, roll-up-your-sleeves can do outlook and a high EQ.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and stay organized while working through complex issues with a high degree of accuracy
- Team player with a collaborative leadership style and a proven ability to build, mentor and retain quality employees in a fast-paced work environment
- Awesome work ethic
- BA/BS Preferred
Nitro is a global document productivity software company driving digital transformation in organizations around the world across multiple industries. The Company’s core solution, the Nitro Productivity Suite, provides integrated PDF productivity, eSignature and business intelligence (BI) tools to customers through a horizontal, SaaS and desktop-based software suite. Nitro’s software solution is highly scalable, serving large multinational enterprises and government agencies, as well as small business and individual users. Nitro has over 2 million licenses sold, and over 11,000 business customers in 144 countries around the world, including global market leaders across multiple industries, over 65% of the 2019 Fortune 500, and two of the 2019 Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Dublin, London and Melbourne. #LI-SH1