Be Part of the Nitro Good Life
Who We Are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. Our value proposition is straightforward, tangible, and easy to prove – we believe software technology should be easy to use, help make people better, and be accessible to any knowledge worker who wants to be more productive.
We are on a mission. We hire creative, intelligent, talented people. We build great products that delight our customers. And we are doing it in a rewarding way– a way that feels good and makes us proud to be part of Nitro.
We put people at the centre of everything we do, both our customers and our employees. It all comes back to our core values:
- High Performance - We have a “performance first” orientation and ambitious plans for the company. This means ample opportunity for those who join us to make a big impact.
- Be Good - We hire people with big hearts and foster an environment where they can be themselves and do their best work. We celebrate individuality and diversity and provide our employees with the opportunities, the resources and the support they need to thrive and flourish.
- No BS – this one is self-explanatory.
We help the world work smarter and have plenty of fun while doing it! Come be part of the Nitro good life!
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team with a strong culture that believes in building the right things and building them the right way.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our engineering team in Europe. You will provide technical leadership and guidance to the team through your experience with data architectures, software development and big data processing. Working on a multi-disciplinary team of data engineers, data scientists and business SMEs, your work will help us to build our next generation of products and data initiatives. The systems you deliver will be the foundation for delivering business insights and driving data driven decision making here at Nitro.
What you will be doing:
- You will apply your specialist data expertise to develop and advise approaches on a range of complex, high impact data solutions and services.
- You will be designing, developing, and operating data pipelines to provide high quality datasets to internal and external customers.
- Leveraging additional data sources through integrations with internal and external systems
- Building and maintaining REST services to serve the data needs of other components.
- Owning solutions that support a rapidly growing business at massive scale from idea through to running in production.
- Working closely with a tightly knit, multi-discipline team within a high performing engineering culture.
- You will drive data availability and quality across our systems.
- You will collaborate closely with other engineering teams to continuously improve our data ingestion, to model data and improve data quality.
- You will drive tangible and ongoing standardisation, simplification and efficiency of engineering processes, reviewing and revising continuous improvement opportunities.
- Coaching and mentoring members of our data team.
What we're looking for:
- Experience and deep technical knowledge of complex (and simple) data architectures
- Detailed knowledge of the concepts and principles of data engineering
- Sound awareness of Data Management best practice, including data lifecycle management.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL gained through application in a business environment.
- Ability to deliver complex big data solutions with structured and unstructured data.
- 7+ years of experience in data engineering
- Experience in a JVM based programming language (e.g., Scala, Kotlin, Java)
- Experience with large-scale data processing frameworks (e.g., Spark, EMR) and data pipelines (e.g., AWS data pipelines)
- Experience with event driven and streaming architectures (e.g., Kafka, Spark-Streaming, Flink, Akka Streams)
- Enthusiasm & a growth mindset (research and prototyping are a big part of this job)
- A self-driven and delivery focused attitude
Traits that will distinguish the ultimate candidate:
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Knowledge and experience building and operating ML based applications.
- Production experience with a functional programming language (particularly Scala, but also Clojure, Haskell, Erlang, …)
- Experience in Micro-service architectures and RESTful services
- Blogging or presenting at conferences on data engineering topics
Nitro is a global document productivity software company accelerating digital transformation in a world that demands the ability to work from anywhere, anytime, on any device. Nitro enables organizations to drive better business outcomes through 100% digital document processes and fast, efficient workflows. The Nitro Productivity Platform offers comprehensive business solutions, including powerful PDF productivity, unlimited eSigning and industry-leading analytics, all supported by a superior customer success team. Nitro has over 2.8 million licensed users and 13,000+ Business Customers in 155 countries, including over 68% of the Fortune 500 and three of the Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Toronto, Dublin, London, and Melbourne.