Who We Are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. Our value proposition is straightforward, tangible, and easy to prove – we believe software technology should be easy to use, help make people better, and be accessible to any knowledge worker who wants to be more productive.
We are on a mission. We hire creative, intelligent, talented people. We build great products that delight our customers. And we are doing it in a rewarding way– a way that feels good and makes us proud to be part of Nitro.
We put people at the center of everything we do, both our customers and our employees. It all comes back to our core values:
- High Performance - We have a “performance first” orientation and ambitious plans for the company. This means ample opportunity for those who join us to make a big impact.
- Be Good - We hire people with big hearts and foster an environment where they can be themselves and do their best work. We celebrate individuality and diversity and provide our employees with the opportunities, the resources and the support they need to thrive and flourish.
- No BS – this one is self-explanatory
We help the world work smarter and have plenty of fun while doing it! Come be part of the Nitro good life!
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team with a strong culture that believes in building the right things, and building them the right way.
We're looking for a Data Engineer to join our engineering team in Dublin. You will use your skills in software development and big data processing, storage and analytics to help us build our next generation of products and data initiatives. Working on a multi-disciplinary team of data engineers, data scientists and business SMEs, your work will play a key role in how we exploit our data. The systems you deliver will be the foundation for delivering business insights and driving data driven decision making here at Nitro.
What you'll be doing :
- You will be designing, developing, and operating data pipelines to provide high quality datasets to internal and external customers.
- Leveraging additional data sources through integrations with internal and external systems
- Building and maintaining REST services to serve the data needs of other components
- Owning solutions that support a rapidly-growing business at massive scale from idea through to running in production
- Working closely with a tightly-knit, multi-discipline team within a high performing engineering culture
- Working with other engineering teams to design instrumentation strategies
- Building automated test suites
What we're looking for :
- 2+ years of experience in data/software engineering
- 2+ years of experience in a JVM based programming language (e.g. Scala, Kotlin, Java)
- Excellent data wrangling skills and a solid knowledge of SQL
- Enthusiasm & a growth mindset (research and prototyping are a big part of this job)
- A self-driven and delivery focused attitude
Traits that will distinguish the ultimate candidate :
- Experience with large-scale data processing frameworks (e.g. Spark, EMR) and data pipelines (e.g. AWS data pipelines)
- Experience with event driven and streaming architectures (e.g. Kafka, Spark-Streaming, Flink, Akka Streams)
- Production experience with a functional programming language (particularly Scala, but also Clojure, Haskell, Erlang, …)
- Experience in Micro-service architectures and RESTful services
Nitro is a global document productivity company. We help organizations of all sizes eliminate paper, accelerate business processes, and drive digital transformation by providing PDF productivity and eSigning for all in a single, affordable solution. Founded in 2005 in Melbourne, Australia, Nitro helps increase efficiency and make work more productive for more than 10,000 businesses globally, including 65% of the 2019 Fortune 500. Nitro headquarters are in San Francisco, with offices in Dublin, London, and Melbourne. Visit us at GoNitro.com #LI-GB1