At Nitro, we are looking for a quality-focused Build Engineer to assist our software developers to create and maintain world class enterprise software products.
The successful candidate will join a diverse team of highly technical individuals who all have a shared motivation of truly delighting our customers.
Who We Are: Our Beliefs
We make documents smarter! At Nitro, we are changing the way the world works with documents and leading the digital transformation of the world’s largest companies. Today Nitro is the #1 replacement of Adobe Acrobat, and we’re leveraging our success to build the next generation smart document platform that is revolutionizing document productivity, corporate security and sustainability. With your help, we will extend our smart document platform and eventually leverage artificial intelligence to solve some huge problems with the data currently locked away in billions of documents.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things and building them the right way.
- Building Products at Nitro
- Our products are used by over 650K businesses and 30M users
- We work with cutting edge technology
- Quarterly Hack Weeks!
- Help digitally transform the largest companies in the world
- Help save the planet and trees by reducing printing and paper
- Work with a smart, passionate team with a truly unique culture
What you'll be doing:
Create, maintain, configure and optimise our systems that execute the build and automated testing. Initially this will be focused on supporting the development of the Nitro Pro desktop software and cloud-based components of the Nitro Productivity Suite.
You will be instrumental in enhancing and evolving our processes and systems to support the evolution of our enterprise cloud, desktop and other products.
- Monitor and ensure up-time, performance and availability of the CI/CD systems to enable frequent high-quality releases.
- Identify and drive rapid resolution of issues with CI/CD systems.
- Code and test Jenkins pipelines
- Manage Amazon AWS infrastructure
- Work closely with our developers and QE engineers to deliver on CI/CD requirements.
- Help to implement best practice for optimal efficient usage of resources.
- Help to define the CI/CD direction and strategy and continuously improve those processes and systems.
Required Technical Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years as a Build Engineer or similar role
- Amazon AWS knowledge: EC2, S3, Cloudwatch
- CI/CD with Jenkins and related technologies
- Scripting using Bash, Groovy, PowerShell, Python, Java or similar
- Knowledge of software development and test support tools: JIRA, Confluence, Kanban
- Comfortable with Git, GitHub and the IntelliJ IDE
- System administration knowledge of Windows and Linux platforms
- Security knowledge including MFA, certificates
- Fluency with Technical English
Nice to have:
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code (IaC – Terraform, Ansible)
- Containers and virtualization technologies: Docker, Mesos, VirtualBox, VMWare
- Quality Assurance or testing experience
- Azure or other cloud mastery
Nitro is changing the way the world works with documents. As the global leader in document productivity solutions, Nitro enables people to work smarter every day with their documents, on the desktop and in the cloud. From PDF creation, conversion, editing and reviewing capabilities, to cloud-enabled workflows for secure sharing, collaboration and electronic signatures, Nitro offers best-in-class solutions that every knowledge worker in an organization should use to improve productivity, document security and corporate sustainability.
Founded in 2005, Nitro’s enterprise-grade solutions are now trusted by more than 650,000 leading businesses worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 500. One of the fastest-growing private companies in the world, Nitro is also a multiple Inc. 500/5000, BRW Fast 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Software 500 award winner. Headquartered in San Francisco, Nitro also has offices in Dublin, Ireland and Melbourne, Australia. #LI-GB1