Who We Are: Our Beliefs
We make documents smarter! At Nitro, we are changing the way the world works with documents, and leading the digital transformation of the world's largest companies. Today Nitro is a prominent document productivity solution, the #1 replacement of Adobe Acrobat and a leading eSignature solution. We are leveraging our success to build the next generation smart document platform that is revolutionizing document productivity, corporate security and sustainability. With your help, we will extend our smart document platform to solve some huge problems with the data currently locked away in billions of documents.
Who we are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. We put people at the center of everything we do, both our customers and our employees. It comes back to one of our core values:
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture of building amazing product experiences for our customers and making a positive impact on our business.
- Our products are used by over 650K businesses and 30M users
- We work with cutting edge technology
- Quarterly Hack Weeks!
- Help digitally transform the largest companies in the world
- Help save the planet and trees by reducing printing and paper
- Work with a smart, passionate team with a truly unique culture
Nitro is seeking an ambitious, self-starting Senior Platform Engineer for a unique opportunity to own the architecture & delivery of Nitro’s Account Services functionality. With a desktop product that is used by millions globally and a high growth e-signing SaaS product Nitro’s account services, including subscriptions and payments, offer a unique oppportunity to have an impact on a critical set of components. This role benefits from company-wide visibility and offers a high degree of ownership and influence.
Experience & Qualifications:
5+ years experience as a Platform Engineer or equivalent:
- Professional experience with Scala
- Experience building SaaS products
- Experience with large distributed systems infrastructures.
- Micro-service architectures
- Event driven concepts
- Modern web or RPC frameworks
- REST concepts (in detail)
- Ability to advocate for development standards, design patterns, and best practices
- Ability to translate a high-level open-ended requirement into delivered product
Traits that will distinguish the ultimate candidate:
- Familiarity with our tech stack or equivalent technologies; AWS, Terraform, K8s, Scala, Golang, Nodejs, Angular
- Experience with functional programming concepts
- Experience with software behind web collaboration and productivity applications
- Proven track record with commercial SaaS applications used globally at a massive scale
- Enthusiasm and a learning mindset
Nitro is a public global document productivity company. We help organizations of all sizes eliminate paper, accelerate business processes, and drive digital transformation by providing PDF productivity and eSigning for all in a single, affordable solution. Founded in 2005 in Melbourne, Australia, Nitro helps increase efficiency for more than 10,000 businesses globally, including 65% of the 2019 Fortune 500. Nitro headquarters are in San Francisco, with offices in Dublin, London, and Melbourne. Accomplish more with documents and make work more productive at GoNitro.com.