Who we are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. We put people at the centre of everything we do, both our customers and our employees. It comes back to one of our core values: Be Good. We hire people with big hearts and foster an environment where they can be themselves and do their best work. We celebrate individuality and diversity and provide our employees with the opportunities, the resources and the support they need to thrive and flourish.
We have a “performance first” orientation and ambitious plans for the company. This means ample opportunity for those who join us on our journey.
Our value proposition is straightforward, tangible and easy to prove: We believe software technology should be easy to use, help make people better, and be accessible to any knowledge worker who wants to be more productive.
We are on a mission: we hire creative, intelligent, talented people; we build great products that delight our customers; and we are do it in a rewarding way– a way that feels good and makes us proud to be part of Nitro.
Overview of Role:
Nitro is in search of a self-directed and experienced Corporate Controller to oversee all aspect of accounting and periodic internal reporting for a high growth global, recurring revenue technology company. The successful candidate will be responsible for all general ledger accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting. Additionally, the Controller will be responsible for establishing accounting policies, implementing all applicable IFRS standards, and establishing a system of internal controls over financial reporting to ensure the timely and accurate production of financial data. The Controller will manage the global accounting team. The Controller will be responsible for managing the mid-year review and annual audit of the company and coordinating the preparation of all tax schedules and financial statement disclosure schedules. The Controller will liaise with the finance team on forecasting and budgeting and with the tax & treasury team on tax planning and cash management. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy work place, and is well-versed in working closely with senior management, has the desire to work with a global company and who desires the experience of working in a global company that aspires to be a public company.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Highly analytical
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Organized, able to manage multiple priorities, delegation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed leadership skills
- Ability to manage and mentor a diverse team
- SEC or public company experience highly desired
- MA in Business, Accounting or Finance, CPA required
- Minimum 10+ years accounting experience, preferably 3+ years in public accounting
- Working knowledge of NetSuite
- Monitor the financial performance of the company through monthly financial reviews and financial reporting
- Financial reporting
- Implementation of IFRS
- Development of financial disclosure schedules for financial reporting purposes
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management
- Provide leadership and support to accounts receivable and accounts payable departments
- Manage the preparation of payroll for personnel
- Work to streamline vendor payment processes and improve the financial health of the company
- Act as the primary support person for month, quarter and year-end financial activities
- Reconcile corporate balance sheets and deliver summary reconciliation reports to the executive team
- High-level financial reporting and analysis
- Financial consolidations
- Transfer pricing
- Foreign exchange
- Cash flow management
- Debt management and covenant analysis and reporting
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulations
- Developing financial statement reviews and periodic variance analyses
- Payroll processing
- Working closely with management or executive teams to share reports and analysis findings
Founded in 2005, Nitro’s enterprise-grade solutions are now trusted by more than 600,000 leading businesses worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 500. One of the fastest-growing private companies in the world, Nitro is also a multiple Inc. 500/5000, BRW Fast 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Software 500 award winner. Headquartered in San Francisco, Nitro also has offices in Dublin, Ireland, London, UK, and Melbourne, Australia.