Be Part of the Nitro Good Life
Who we are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. We put people at the center of everything we do, both our customers and our employees.
It comes back to one of our core values:
- High Performance - We have a “performance first” orientation and ambitious plans for the company. This means ample opportunity for those who join us to make a big impact. Non-high performers need not apply.
- Be Good - We hire people with big hearts and foster an environment where they can be themselves and do their best work. We celebrate individuality and diversity and provide our employees with the opportunities, the resources and the support they need to thrive and flourish.
- No BS – this one is self-explanatory
Our value proposition is straightforward, tangible and easy to prove: We believe software technology should be easy to use, help make people better, and be accessible to any knowledge worker who wants to be more productive.
We are on a mission: we hire creative, intelligent, talented people; we build great products that delight our customers; and we are do it in a rewarding way– a way that feels good and makes us proud to be part of Nitro.
Overview of Role:
Nitro is in search of a self-directed and experienced Corporate Controller to oversee all aspects of accounting and periodic internal and public reporting for a high-growth, global, B2B SaaS technology company. The successful candidate will be responsible for all revenue and general ledger accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial reporting. Additionally, the Controller will be responsible for establishing accounting policies, implementing all applicable technical accounting standards and guidance, and establishing a system of internal controls over financial reporting to ensure the timely and accurate production of financial data.
The Controller will be responsible for managing the mid-year review and annual audit of the company and coordinating the preparation of all tax schedules and financial statement disclosure schedules. The Controller will also lead Tax, Treasury and Cash Management, as well as ASX Reporting. The Controller will liaise with the finance team on forecasting and budgeting. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy workplace, and is well-versed in working closely with senior management, and who desires the experience of working in a global company.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Highly analytical
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Organized, able to manage multiple priorities, delegation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed leadership skills
- Ability to manage and mentor a diverse team
- SEC or public company experience highly desired
- MA in Business, Accounting or Finance, CPA required
- Minimum 15+ years accounting experience, preferably 3+ years in public accounting at Big 4
- Working knowledge of NetSuite
- Lead financial reporting and global accounting, with ownership over the following functions:
- Financial reporting and accounting, monthly close
- Technical Accounting
- Global financial and accounting audits
- Tax, including Transfer Pricing
- Treasury and Cash Management, including Foreign Exchange Management
- Develop financial statement reviews and periodic variance analyses
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Development of financial disclosure schedules and technical accounting memos for financial reporting and audit purposes
- Work to further automate workflows and implement technology solutions to create more scalability in accounting processes, in areas such as:
- AP (streamlining approvals for and execution of vendor payment processes)
- Commissions calculations
- Other potential areas to be identified
- Manage cash flow closely, including considerations on foreign exchange
- Ensure compliance with statutory law and financial regulations
- Communicate financial metrics to senior management, work closely with management or executive teams to share reports and analysis findings. Provide high-level as detailed financial reporting and analysis as needed on a variety of projects
- Work closely with management on any required due diligence, financial accounting analysis and integration workstreams regarding potential M&A activity
- Support CFO in preparation for any board reporting needs or public market reporting requirement
Nitro is a global document productivity software company driving digital transformation in organizations around the world across multiple industries. The Company’s core solution, the Nitro Productivity Suite, provides integrated PDF productivity, eSignature and business intelligence (BI) tools to customers through a horizontal, SaaS and desktop-based software suite. Nitro’s software solution is highly scalable, serving large multinational enterprises and government agencies, as well as small business and individual users. Nitro has over 2 million licenses sold, and over 11,000 business customers in 144 countries around the world, including global market leaders across multiple industries, over 65% of the 2019 Fortune 500, and two of the 2019 Fortune 10. Nitro is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Dublin, London and Melbourne.