Who We Are: Our Beliefs
We make documents smarter! At Nitro, we are changing the way the world works with documents, and leading the digital transformation of the world's largest companies. Today Nitro is a prominent document productivity solution, the #1 replacement of Adobe Acrobat and a leading eSignature solution. We are leveraging our success to build the next generation smart document platform that is revolutionizing document productivity, corporate security and sustainability. With your help, we will extend our smart document platform to solve some huge problems with the data currently locked away in billions of documents.
Why Nitro Engineering :
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team with a strong culture that believes in building the right things, and building them the right way. Our products are used by millions of people around the world and generate a vast and varied dataset which we want you to help us take advantage of.
The Role :
We're looking for a Data Scientist to join our growing Data Analytics team in Dublin. You will use your skills in data analytics, software development, machine learning and big data processing to exploit our data and enable data driven decision making and automated intervention. The role has a strong focus on practical data science and the successful candidate will be skilled in preparing and delivering analyses that are actionable and can translate to a positive impact to our business.
What you'll be doing :
- Delivering analyses and building data products to extract actionable business insights
- Using machine learning to deliver classification and predictive models to support analysis and intervention
- Working closely with a tightly-knit team, helping to guide the development of our data platform
- Working with our data engineers to deliver solutions that provide ongoing insights
- Working with massive data sets, you will build strong domain knowledge and help identify gaps in our data
- Using state of the art, cloud based technologies primarily on AWS
- Helping to establish best practice and mentoring others
- Identifying how to use AI to drive our vision of making documents smarter
What we're looking for :
- BSc, MSc or Phd in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics, delivering data insights and using machine learning techniques
- A strong background in statistical analysis and data mining
- Strong proficiency with a scientific computing language (Such as Python, R or Scala)
- Strong SQL skills and experience extracting datasets from disparate sources
- Experience with analysis and visualization tools (Zeppelin, SuperSet, QuickSight, Tableau, etc.)
- Enthusiasm, passion, strong collaboration skills and a desire to explore large datasets
Traits that will distinguish the ultimate candidate :
- Experience with large-scale data processing frameworks (Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Experience with AWS, EMR and data-pipelines
- Experience with real time stream processing systems (Akka streams, NATS, Kafka, Flink, Spark Streaming etc.)
- Expertise and an interest in natural language processing and text analysis
- Production experience with Scala or other functional programming languages
- Blogging or presenting at conferences on data science/analytics topics
About Nitro :
Founded in 2005, Nitro's enterprise-grade solutions are now trusted by more than 650,000 leading businesses worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 500. One of the fastest-growing private companies in the world, Nitro is also a multiple Inc. 500/5000, BRW Fast 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Software 500 award winner. Headquartered in San Francisco, Nitro also has offices in Dublin, Ireland and Melbourne, Australia.