Who We Are: Our Beliefs
We make documents smarter! At Nitro, we are changing the way the world works with documents and leading the digital transformation of the world’s largest companies. Today Nitro is the #1 replacement of Adobe Acrobat, and we’re leveraging our success to build the next generation smart document platform that is revolutionizing document productivity, corporate security and sustainability. With your help, we will extend our smart document platform and eventually leverage artificial intelligence to solve some huge problems with the data currently locked away in billions of documents.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things and building them the right way.
- Our products are used by over 650K businesses and 30M users
- We work with cutting edge technology
- Quarterly Hack Weeks!
- Paperwork sucks - we make people’s lives better
- Help digitally transform the largest companies in the world
- Help save the planet and trees by reducing printing and paper
- Work with a smart, passionate team with a truly unique culture
- Monopolies are bad
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer for our Dublin office to help us evolve our desktop products and services, and to assist in the creation of new and exciting products.
Are you the type of experienced engineer that creates architectural visions for product evolution? Do you stay up to date on the latest technologies? Are you fundamentally motivated to mentor other engineers? Is your idea of good work rooted in the idea of high quality, highly evolvable code? Are you a source of energy for your team? Is business impact and the need for prompt delivery foremost in your thoughts? If you answer is yes to these questions, then we would like to speak with you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with a no-bullshit tightly-knit engineering team to improve technical solutions that delight our users.
- Mentoring other engineers to resolve issues that challenge our users.
- Leading the advancement of our application architecture, our core technologies and our procedures and practices
- Implementing features that improve the experience of our products for our users
- Championing and exemplifying the writing of clear, concise, and well-tested code.
You will need:
- A University Degree in computer science or related field.
- Solid understanding of C++ with at least 12+ years’ experience working with the language. You will need to be familiar with the more recent C++ standards C++14, C++17 and C++20.
- Substantial experience working with test methodologies such as TDD, BDD or equivalent. Ideally this would be in a C++ environment.
- Extensive experience with Win32 and Win64 APIs ideally in a graphics-rich arena.
- Experience implementing or using ActiveX/COM components. Ideally, experience replacing these with more modern paradigms.
- A natural affinity for mentorship.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong ability to present at conferences or other such fora.
- A desire to be part of a fast moving and dynamic company.
- A demonstrable affinity for ongoing learning.
Additional skills and experience that would be an added plus:
- Experience refactoring legacy code making it more testable and easier to evolve.
- Experience with other programming languages
- Experience with modern UI subsystems. Experience modernizing legacy UIs (such as MFC) would be advantageous.
- Experience with image processing, document processing or computer vision
- Experience with PDF and Microsoft Office object models.
Nitro is changing the way the world works with documents. As a global leader in document productivity solutions, Nitro enables people to work smarter every day with their documents, on the desktop and in the cloud. From PDF creation, conversion, editing and reviewing capabilities, to cloud-enabled workflows for secure sharing, collaboration and electronic signatures, Nitro offers best-in-class solutions that every knowledge worker in an organization should use for improved productivity, document security and corporate sustainability.
Founded in 2005, Nitro’s enterprise-grade solutions are now trusted by more than 650,000 leading businesses worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 500. Nitro is also a multiple Inc. 500/5000, BRW Fast 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Software 500 award winner. Headquartered in San Francisco, Nitro also has offices in Dublin, Ireland and Melbourne, Australia.