Who we are:
Nitro is an exciting, high-growth company in the rapidly evolving digital documents space. We put people at the center of everything we do, both our customers and our employees.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things, and building them the right way.
- Our products are used by over 650K businesses and 30M users
- We work with cutting edge technology
- Quarterly Hack Weeks!
- Help digitally transform the largest companies in the world
- Help save the planet and trees by reducing printing and paper
- Work with a smart, passionate team with a truly unique culture!
What you'll be doing:
- You’ll be focusing on applying distributed systems concepts to our problem domain
- Owning solutions to support a rapidly-growing business and massive usage scale from idea through running in production
- Working closely with a tightly-knit, collaborative engineering team
- Pushing the envelope on what's possible and applying pragmatic approaches to building sustainable solutions
- Helping establish best engineering practices and mentoring others
- Establishing automated test frameworks
- Vigilantly monitoring and improving back-end performance
- Gaining the satisfaction from easing customer pain
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with large distributed systems infrastructures. Including:
- Micro-service architectures
- Event driven concepts
- Modern web or RPC frameworks
- REST concepts (in detail)
- Enthusiasm and a learning mindset (research and prototyping are a major part of this job)
- Someone who can help distil the vision into a working prototype and then evolve that to a product serving millions
- Ability to move fast and distinguish signal from noise in everyday work life
Traits that will distinguish the ultimate candidate:
- Experience with functional programming concepts
- Experience with software behind web collaboration and productivity applications
- Proven track record with commercial SaaS applications used globally at a massive scale
- Blogging or presenting at conferences on distributed systems topics
Nitro is a global document productivity company. We help organizations of all sizes eliminate paper, accelerate business processes, and drive digital transformation by providing PDF productivity and eSigning for all in a single, affordable solution. Founded in 2005 in Melbourne, Australia, Nitro helps increase efficiency for more than 10,000 businesses globally, including 65% of the 2019 Fortune 500. Nitro headquarters are in San Francisco, with offices in Dublin, London, and Melbourne. Accomplish more with documents and make work more productive at GoNitro.com.