Who We Are: Our Beliefs
We make documents smarter! At Nitro, we are changing the way the world works with documents, and leading the digital transformation of the world’s largest companies. Today Nitro is a prominent document productivity solution, the #1 replacement of Adobe Acrobat and a leading eSignature solution. We are leveraging our success to build the next generation smart document platform that is revolutionizing document productivity, corporate security and sustainability. With your help, we will extend our smart document platform and eventually leverage artificial intelligence to solve some huge problems with the data currently locked away in billions of documents.
Why Nitro Engineering:
Engineering is a critical function at Nitro, developing the products and services at the heart and soul of our business today, and helping us realize our vision of smarter documents in the future. We have an incredibly talented and diverse Engineering team that cares, with a strong culture that believes in building the right things, and building them the right way.
- Our products are used by over 650K businesses and 30M users
- We work with cutting edge technology
- Quarterly Hack Weeks!
- Help digitally transform the largest companies in the world
- Help save the planet and trees by reducing printing and paper
- Work with a smart, passionate team with a truly unique culture
- Monopolies are bad
What you'll be doing:
- Collaborating with Product Management, Engineering and Design
- Building elegant interfaces that deliver amazing customer experiences
- Building automated end to end tests
- Building deployment workflows to support continuous delivery
- Researching new front-end technologies to drive innovation
- Evaluating the existing application codebase and driving improvement
- Evangelizing best practices and standards
Experience & Qualifications:
- 2+ years experience as a Front End Engineer or equivalent
- 2+ years building browser-based rich user interface applications
- Professional experience with end-to-end test automation frameworks
- Professional experience with CSS and CSS pre-processors (Less, Sass, or similar)
- Professional experience with responsive design specifically targeting mobile web browsers
- Professional experience integrating with internal and external RESTful services
- Professional experience with npm or similar package management tools
- Professional experience with Webpack or similar build tools
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions for modern browsers
- Ability to advocate for front-end development standards, design patterns, and best practices
- Ability to translate a high-level open-ended requirement into a working prototype
Nice to have:
- Experience working in Java or Scala (functional programming approach)
- Experience with asynchronous / event driven architectures
Nitro is changing the way the world works with documents. As the global leader in document productivity solutions, Nitro enables people to work smarter every day with their documents, on the desktop and in the cloud. From PDF creation, conversion, editing and reviewing capabilities, to cloud-enabled workflows for secure sharing, collaboration and electronic signatures, Nitro offers best-in-class solutions that every knowledge worker in an organization should use to improve productivity, document security and corporate sustainability.
Founded in 2005, Nitro’s enterprise-grade solutions are now trusted by more than 650,000 leading businesses worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 500. One of the fastest-growing private companies in the world, Nitro is also a multiple Inc. 500/5000, BRW Fast 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50, and Software 500 award winner. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Dublin, Ireland and Melbourne, Australia.