Who We Are: Our Beliefs
At Nitro, we are changing the way the world works with documents, and leading the digital transformation of the world’s largest companies. Today Nitro is the #1 replacement of Adobe Acrobat, and we’re leveraging our success to build the next generation smart document platform that is revolutionizing document productivity, corporate security and sustainability.
Nitro is seeking Senior Systems Engineers to help us innovate on, scale and secure the infrastructure that powers our smart document management platform.
The Systems Engineering team at Nitro exists to maximize customer trust and engineering innovation. Systems Engineers are experts in software and systems and act as core participants in every significant engineering effort underway here at Nitro. We hire people from both systems and software backgrounds. The strongest candidates will have experience in both.
A taste of our philosophy:
- We believe that great products demand great platforms, infrastructure and pipelines that stay out of your way and keep engineering fun
- We are passionate about instrumentation and continuous improvement
- We are committed to building systems that work without heroics
- We not only believe in your personal and professional growth, we expect it
- We learn together through hackweeks and technical book clubs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with a tightly-knit engineering team to architect, deliver, and improve technical solutions that delight our users
- Solving problems relating to mission critical services for build, test and delivery automation
- Creating tools to deploy, provision and monitor infrastructure efficiently
- Writing and reviewing code to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Nitro services
- Influencing, implementing and teaching new designs, architectures, standards and practices for large-scale distributed systems
- Leveraging Open Source frameworks, such as Mesos, Singularity (from Hubspot), Docker, Envoy (from Lyft) and NATS to build scalable infrastructure on top of Amazon AWS
- Together with our other engineering teams, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
Successful candidates will have some or all of these skills:
- An engineering mindset coupled with operational discipline
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems using modern tools
- Experience building microservice-based internet SaaS platforms
- Ability to code really well in at least one programming language for Systems development (e.g. Go, Python, Ruby, etc) and have experience with / be willing to learn several others (such as Scala)
- Familiarity with functional and object-oriented programming concepts and event/message-driven distributed architectures
- Configuration management expertise (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Salt)
- Experience using containerization (Docker or otherwise) and orchestration frameworks (Mesos or Kubernetes) for managing microservices
- Expertise in System, Network or Application Security
- Currently implementing or passionate about infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform)
Who we are:
At Nitro, we’re changing the way the world works with documents. From the desktop to the cloud, we make it easy to create, edit, share, sign and collaborate – online or offline.
Australian-founded, we’re headquartered in downtown San Francisco with offices in Melbourne, Australia; Dublin, Ireland and London, UK. One of the fastest-growing private companies in the world, Nitro is also a multiple Inc. 500/5000, BRW Fast 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and Software 500 award winner.